Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Overheard in the Sacristy: Christ Won, Satan Zero

Overheard in the Sacristy: Christ Won, Satan Zero
I recently had a conversation with a Catholic who had not really considered that demons could be active in the world. I am sure this person would admit their existence, but the ongoing struggle did not seem pressing to them. Yet this struggle goes on every day, in every place. The devil wants to be unknown, to be a nasty surprise for all of us. Too many even study witchcraft or black magic just for the fun of it, not realizing its deadly consequences. For further study, read Fr. Gabriel Amorth's An Exorcist Tells His Story.

Amator


1 comment:

Anthony Smitha said...

You know, my gut reaction to this post was, "Woah! The title is wrong! It should be 'one' instead of 'won'!" Then I realized the particular twist of the characters (especially the Winner), and I saw the play on words that you cleverly put here. I couldn't help but laugh. There is no way that the score is 1-0 in Christ's favor. Christ is so far ahead that there is no counting -- it's definitely "won".

I applaud your adroit trap, into which I fell very quickly. :)