Tuesday, September 1, 2009

How We Need to Think

Dom Chautard, in his book The Soul of the Apostolate, has this to say: He (the true Apostle) is always ready to say; "O my God, Thou dost not will that the work I have begun should be completed. It pleases Thee that I confine myself acting valiantly yet ever peacefully, to making efforts to achieve results, but that I leave to Thee alone the task of deciding whether Thou wilt receive more glory from my success, or from the act of virtue that failure will give me the opportunity to perform. Blessed a thousand times be Thy holy and adorable Will, and may I, with the help of Thy grace, know just as well how to repel the slightest symptoms of vain complacency, if Thou shouldst bless my work as to humble myself and adore Thee is Thy Providence sees fit to wipe out everything that my labors have produced."

-Amator

No comments: